You are summoned to attend the Annual Parish Council Meeting of
COMPTON MARTIN PARISH COUNCIL
13 May 2019
Compton Martin Village Hall – 7.00 p.m.
Andrij Jurkiw, Chairman of Compton Martin Parish Council to preside over Items 1, and 1.1
1. Election of Officers:
- All Councillors to sign the Declaration of Acceptance of Office
- To agree that should Councillor Chapman be unable to attend the May meeting due to recovery from illness he will sign his Declaration of Acceptance of Office at the first available meeting.
- To elect the Chairman of the Council
- The Newly Elected Chairman to sign the Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Newly elected Chairman to take over the chairmanship of the meeting
2. Vice Chairman/Chairmen
- To elect the Vice Chairman/Vice Chairmen of the Council
- The Newly Elected Vice Chairman/Vice Chairmen to sign the Declaration of Acceptance of Office
3. Proper Officer and Responsible Financial Officer (Clerk)
4. Press Representative
5. Procedures Co-ordinator
6. Compton Martin Village Hall Representative
7. ALCA Representatives – B&NES ALCA AGM – 29th May 2019
8. Chew Valley Forum Representative
9. Local Flood Representative B&NES
10. Rural Transport Group Representative
2. To receive and accept apologies for absence
3. To receive any declaration of interest (Dpi) in the agenda
Public Participation Session
The Public Participation Session provides an opportunity for members of the public to raise questions about and comment on items on the agenda. Time for this session is limited to 10 minutes (three minutes per person)
4. To approve and sign the minutes of the previous meeting
· 8 April 2019– Parish Council Meeting
· 24 April 2019 – Annual Parish Meeting
5. To approve and adopt the Standing Orders for Compton Martin Parish Council
6. To approve and adopt the Code of Conduct for Compton Martin Parish Council
7. To approve and adopt the Financial Regulations for Compton Martin Parish Council
8. That the authorised signatories in the current NatWest Bank mandate, be changed in accordance with the section relating to Authorised Signatories. Two signatories continue to be required for payments by cheque.
9. To appoint an Internal Auditor – IAC Limited – to audit the accounts for 2019/20
10. To review the Working Party structures and to appoint members and a chairman to serve on the following Working Parties for 2019/20.
a) Planning Working Party and lead for HELAA and CIL
b) Highways Working Party
c) Pond Working Party
d) Combe View/The Batch Working Party
e) Broadband Working Party
f) Footpath Walk Working Party
h) Chew Valley Neighbourhood Plan and Placemaking
11 Finance Working Party
To appoint members, to include the Chairman on the Finance Working Party for 2019/20
12. To adopt the following Parish Council Policies for 2019/20.
1. General Data Protection Regulations
· Data Breach Policy
· Data Protection Policy
· GDPR Security Compliance Checklist
· General Privacy Notice
· Privacy Notice Staff, Councillors/Role Holders
· Records Retention Policy
· Subject Access Request Procedure (SARS)
· Data Map
2. Equal Opportunities
3. Freedom of Information
4. Health and Safety
5. Protocol on Filming
6. Grant Policy
7. Training policy
13. Insurance Policy
- To confirm the Parish Council’s wish to continue to work with Came & Company as the Parish Council’s insurance agents.
- To consider the three quotations received by Came & Company.
- To consider and agree the recommendations given by Came & Company to accept the quotation given by Hiscox as follows:
i. An annual premium with Hiscox of £441.28, including £50 administration fee covering the period 2019/2020
ii. A three year binding Long Term Agreement Option with Hiscox at an annual premium of £421.72, including £50 administration fee.
14. To confirm the following payments and signing of cheques:
Cheque No or Standing Order
Cheque signed by
Payee and Description
13 May 2019
Came & Company – Parish Council Insurance for 2019/20
*Please note option 13.c.ii above
13 May 2019
Mrs E Griffiths – Clerk’s Salary for May
15. To adopt the Council Asset Register for 2018/19.
16. To adopt the Council Risk Assessment for 2018/19.
17. Draft Minutes
To confirm the Parish Council’s wish to publish draft minutes of Parish Council Meetings on the Parish Council website before approval.
18. To confirm and agree that future meetings of Compton Martin Parish Council will be held on the second Monday of each month (with the exception of August).
19. To confirm:
1. The clerk’s salary 2019/20 - £6,979.56
2. The clerk’s hours – 12 hour per week
3. The clerk’s Contract of Employment – No change
4. The Parish Council’s Disciplinary, Dismissal and Grievance Procedure for staff members.
20. Planning Applications
1. To consider and comment on the following B&NES Planning Decisions received:
- 19/00899/FUL – The Barn, Unregistered Property, The Street, Compton Martin, Erection of single storey side extension with link to existing garage and hip roof following removal of dormer window and sloping roof section. Mr and Mrs Michael Weaver. PERMIT
- 18/02543/FUL - Chew Valley Lake Walking and Cycle Trail for walkers and cyclists around Chew Valley Lake (including associated engineering works) NOW AMENDED SUCH THAT THE EASTERN SECTION AND SOUTHERN SECTION ARE NOW EXCLUDED FROM THE APPLICATION. PERMISSION NOW SOUGHT FOR NORTH-WEST SECTION ONLY. Applicant – Sustrans Limited – NEW DRAWINGS AND REPORT -PENDING
- 19/01074/TCA – Tree Trimming Works for Western Power – Streamside, Mill Lane, Compton Martin – Trimming of a Eucalyptus away from the LV conductor.
2. To receive a report from the Planning Working Party and consider their recommendations regarding the following Planning Applications.
19/01948/FUL – Grove House, The Street, Compton Martin. – Mr Matthews
Erection of single storey extension to existing garage.
- Confirmation of payment of first half of Precept for 2018/19
22. Parish Councillor Vacancy (Co-opted)
Due to the number of candidates being lower than the number of seats in the recent elections, there is a vacancy for a parish councillor.
23. To receive Updates from Working Parties
1. Coombe View and The Batch
2. The Pond
4. Broadband Working Party
25. To receive reports from Councillors who have attended outside meetings and dates of future outside meetings.
25. To receive an update from District Councillor Victor Pritchard
26. Future Dates of Meetings
- 10th June 2019
- 8th July 2019
- No scheduled meeting for August 2019