You are summoned to attend the Annual Parish Council Meeting of
COMPTON MARTIN PARISH COUNCIL
4 May 2021
To be held remotely – 7.15 p.m.
The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 (“the 2020 Regulations”) came into force on the 4 April 2020.
The 2020 Regulations enable parish councils to hold remote meetings (including by video and telephone conferencing for a specified period until 7 May 2021).
Compton Martin Parish Council will be using
If members of the public wish to remotely join the meeting, please use the following
Meeting ID: 829 03 26 33 68
Passcode: 20 74 15
Please note there is a need to deal with the public participation session in a different way, if any member of the public which to raise an issue, please email the clerk, email@example.com
by 5.00 p.m. on Friday 30 April 2021
The Vice Chairman of Compton Martin Parish Council to preside over Items 1
1. Election of Officers:
- To elect the Chairman of the Council
- The Newly Elected Chairman to sign the Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Newly elected Chairman to take over the chairmanship of the meeting
2. Vice Chairman/Chairmen
- To elect the Vice Chairman/Vice Chairmen of the Council
- The Newly Elected Vice Chairman/Vice Chairmen to sign the Declaration of Acceptance of Office
3. Proper Officer and Responsible Financial Officer (Clerk)
4. Press Representative (Clerk)
5. Compton Martin Village Hall Representative
6. ALCA Representatives – (Clerk plus one other)
7. Chew Valley Forum Representative
8. Local Flood Representative B&NES
2. To receive and accept apologies for absence
3. To receive any declaration of interest (Dpi) in the agenda
Public Participation Session
The Public Participation Session provides an opportunity for members of the public to raise questions about and comment on items on the agenda. Time for this session is limited to 10 minutes (three minutes per person)
4. To approve and sign the minutes of the previous meeting
· 20 April 2020 – Parish Council Meeting
5. To consider the RESIGNATION OF Councillor Walton with effect from the 4th May 2021 and to agree that:
- The Clerk declares a vacancy to B&NES and places the notice on the notice boards
- If no requirement for an election by the due date given by B&NES the Clerk arranges the usual notice advertising the vacancy
- The Clerk to report back at the June meeting of progress made to recruit.
6. To approve and adopt the Standing Orders for Compton Martin Parish Council
7. To approve and adopt the Code of Conduct for Compton Martin Parish Council
8. To approve and adopt the Financial Regulations for Compton Martin Parish Council
9. To approve
· The authorised signatories for the Unity Trust Bank mandate
· Two signatories continue to be required for online and cheque payments.
· Approve the Online banking policy for Compton Martin Parish Council
10. To appoint an Internal Auditor – IAC Limited – to audit the accounts for 2021/22
11. To review the Working Party structures and to appoint members and a chairman to serve on the following Working Parties for 2021/22.
a) Planning Working Party and lead for HELAA and CIL
b) Highways Working Party
c) Coombe View/The Batch and Pond Working Party
d) Footpath Walk Working Party
e) Chew Valley Neighbourhood Plan and Placemaking
12 Finance Working Party
To appoint members, to include the Chairman on the Finance Working Party for 2019/20
13. To adopt the following Parish Council Policies for 2019/20.
1. General Data Protection Regulations
2. Equal Opportunities
3. Freedom of Information
4. Health and Safety
5. Protocol on Filming
6. Grant Policy
7. Training policy
14. Insurance Policy
- To confirm the Parish Council’s wish to continue to work with Came & Company as the Parish Council’s insurance agents.
15. To confirm the following payments and signing of cheques:
Payee and Description
V Ilieva – May Clerk Salary
E Griffiths - My Clerk Salary
16. To adopt the Council Asset Register for 2020/21, Reviewed annually in September for the following year by the FWP.
17. To adopt the Council Risk Assessment for 2020/21. Reviewed annually in September for the following year by the FWP.
18. Draft Minutes
To confirm the Parish Council’s wish to publish draft minutes of Parish Council Meetings on the Parish Council website before approval.
19. Parish Council Meetings
1. To confirm and agree that future meetings of Compton Martin Parish Council will be held on the second Monday of each month (with the exception of August).
2. To receive an update on legislation regarding remote meetings and agree the requirement regarding the parish council’s Zoom account
3. To receive an update on the opening of the Village Hall and the Annual Parish Meeting
20. Planning Applications
1. To consider and comment on the following B&NES Planning Decisions received:
- 20/04311/FUL – Orchard Lodge, Highfield Lane, Compton Martin. Erection of a ground level swimming pool (outdoor and open air) and open sided pool house in the garden. PENDING
- 21/00940/FUL - Leamon Cottage, The Street, Compton Martin, Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, BS40 6JF. Proposal: Replacement of existing UPVC wood effect doors, windows and glass roof of conservatory with new aluminium wood effect windows and doors, oak frame and clay tiled roof. PENDING
21. To receive a report from the Planning Working Party and consider their recommendations regarding the following Planning Applications.
No applications received at the time of publishing the agenda for May 2021
None received at the tiem of publishing the agenda for May 2021.
23. To receive Updates from Working Parties
1. Coombe View, The Batch and The Pond
2. Highways, to include the hedge and bank at Mendip Orchard
3. An update regarding the pump
4. An update regarding recent training
24. To receive an update from District Councillor Victor Pritchard
25. Future Dates of Meetings