COMPTON MARTIN PARISH COUNCIL
cmpc_clerk@yahoo.com
H E L A A
Foundation Award
Community Contact Numbers
Neighbourhood Watch
Defibrillator
Bath & North East Somerset Council
Notice of Conclusion of Audit Y/E 31.03.2017
Annual Return Y/E 31.03.2018
Payments and Receipts Y/E 2018
2018/19 Budget and Precept
Asset Register and Risk Assessment
Chew Valley Neighbourhood Plan
Home

 

COMPTON MARTIN PARISH COUNCIL

 As part of a regular review to produce a budget for 2019/20 – 2022/23 it is inviting offers to tender for the above works.  Compton Martin Parish Council is Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of The Batch, Coombe View and The Pond.

THE BATCH AND COOMBE VIEW

Works relating to The Batch and Coombe View consists of the cutting and strimming of grass, trimming of hedges and general garden maintenance of those areas. 

THE POND

Works relating to the Pond consists of the cutting of pond weed on an annual basis, please note in some cases an additional cut will be required. 

The removal of the pond weed once cut to an appropriate site.

For further details and an application form please contact The Clerk, The Old Mill, Mill Lane, Compton Martin.  Tel: 01761 221702 or email cmpc_clerk@yahoo.com

Applications to be submitted by 28th October 2018.

 

COMPTON MARTIN
Compton Martin lies in the west of Bath and North East Somerset, straddling the A368 and nestling below the north slopes of the Mendip Hills approximately midway between Bath and Weston-super-Mare, with Brisol 12 miles to the north and Wells over the Mendip Hills to the south.  It is within the Mendip Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and part of the village is also a conservation area.

 

The population has remained fairly static, despite the changing face of life, the loss of the hamlet of Moreton under the waters created for the Chew Valley Lake in the 1950s, and a large area of "top of Mendip" to Priddy, when Avon was formed.

The village is primarily a commuter based village now, with only two farms remaining with large dairy herds and some local and home based businesses.

There are two halls, The Old Schoolroom was the school from 1843 to 1950 and is next door to the Church.  The Village Hall at the east end of the village was built as a memorial after the First World War.

One public house remains, the Ring 'o Bells, which is in the centre of the village.  The local shop (since the 1840s) sadly closed in 2001, but we retained the Post Office. 

Our twelfth century church "is considered one of the finest specimens of Norman architecture" in Somerset (Ref: Pevsner) with a twisted column and a very rare columbarium (a pigeon loft).