MINUTES OF COMPTON MARTIN PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON 9 DECEMBER 2019 AT 7.00 P.M.
IN COMPTON MARTIN VILLAGE HALL
Councillor C Craig (CC) – Chairman
Councillor L Livingstone – (LL)
Councillor J Thomas – (JT)
District Councillor Victor Pritchard
Clerk Jane Griffiths
1 Member of the Public
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence
· Councillor T Maggs due to work commitments
· Councillor J Halling-Brown due to holiday commitments
· Councillor P Shipman due to holiday commitments
· Councillor P Walton due to vehicle breakdown
2. Receive comments from the public
Comments were received from members of the public covering
· No comments received
3. Receive declarations of interest in the agenda
· CC declared an interest in Agenda Item 9.2.2.
4. To approve and sign the minutes of the previous meetings
· It was proposed and seconded that the minutes of 11 November 2019 be approved and signed. All in favour.
5. 1. Correspondence/Emails/2020/2021 Budget
The budget for 2020/21 will be placed on the agenda for the January 2020 meeting. A draft revised budget had been circulated to all councillors.
It was proposed and seconded that the following cheques be paid:
Cheque signed by
Payee and Description
Mrs E Griffiths Clerk’s Salary – December 2019
PAYE - Jul – Dec 2019
6. To receive Updates from Working Parties
1. The Pond, including the Pump, Coombe View and The Batch
a) To receive an update regarding the grass cutting arrangements for 2019/20 and 2020/21, and to receive budget figures for 2020/21
b) To receive an update regarding the painting of the Village Pump and to receive an updated quotation for the work.
c) To receive an update on the cutting of the hedge and verge at Leamon Cottage, and to receive budget figures for 2020/21.
Items 6.1. a), b) and c) will be placed on the agenda for the January 2020 meeting. A full report will be given at that time by Councillor Shipman.
The Chairman was however able to confirm that the quotation previously received for the painting of the pump remains unchanged. There is likely to be an increase in the cost of materials. The offer of £500 from the Ward Councillor fund was gratefully acknowledged.
d) To receive an update regarding the treeworks on Coombe View.
o Report back on bat survey and cost of replacement trees
The Chairman was able to update councillors that a third and final bat survey will take place on Tuesday 10 December. A cherry picker will be used to ensure the bat roost is empty, and given there are no signs of bat habitation those sections of the tree will be removed. There is an additional cost to this work of between £200 and £300.
It was proposed and seconded that because the works have to be undertaken in order for this matter to be progressed, the cost of the works be approved. All in favour.
· Receive an update on
o the meeting with developers of Mendip View
o the cutting of the hedge at Mendip View and to receive budget figures for 2020/21
The above items will be placed on the agenda for the January 2020 meeting. A full report will be given at that time by Councillor Shipman
o other highway issues – Gigaclear Works – 8th 17th December
The Clerk confirmed that parishioners on the parish council email list were informed of the works due to take place.
3. 5G Mobile Coverage in Rural Areas
· To consider and approve a Precautionary Principal covering 5G
The Clerk confirmed a letter had been sent to B&NES and acknowledgements received. This matter to be placed on the agenda for the January 2020 meeting.
4. Climate change
· To receive an update
Members of the working party had met and recommend a public meeting to be held in January in order to engage parishioners and to encourage some parishioners to join the working party. The 22nd January was a suggested date. The Clerk will check availability of the School Room. An advertisement/poster will be produced.
Councillors were in favour of arranging a public meeting in January and proposed an agreed spend of £50 for 2019/20.
7. To consider the progress of the Parish Council Budget for 2020/2021 in order to be in a position to set the 2020/2021 Precept by January 2020.
· This matter will be placed on the agenda for the January 2020.
8. Planning Applications
1. To consider and comment on the following B&NES Planning Decisions received:
1. Proposed Diversion of Public Footpaths CL7/9 and CL7/10 – Compton Martin – PENDING
2. 19/03938/FUL - Elm Cottage, The Street – Mr Rupert Robinson – Erection of a 4 bed dwelling with double garage and driveway. - PERMITTED
3. 19/04020/FUL – Fair Acre, The Street – Mr and Mrs David Salmon – Erection of a two storey dwelling following demolition of existing dwelling, garage and shed. PERMITTED
4. 19/04521/FUL – Mr and Mrs Michael Weaver, Construction of single storey side extension, with atrium link to garage to provide kitchen and dining area. Removal of dormer window and sloping roof section and construction of hip roof section to provide improved bedroom arrangements (revised proposal) - PERMITTED
9. Planning Applications
2. To receive a report from the Planning Working Party and consider their recommendations regarding the following Planning Applications.
- 19/05034/FUL - Elm Cottage, The Street, Compton Martin – Mr Rupert Robinson – Erection of 1no 4 bed dwelling with double garage and driveway.
It was proposed and seconded that the parish council object to the above application and comment as follows:
The Planning Application does not support the Chew Valley Neighbourhood Plan policy HDE2 Settlement Build Character. Policy HDE2 to be quoted in full in the response.
All in favour.
- 19/05112/TCA – Feltham Lodge, The Coombe – Mr Bennett - Copper Beech (T1-T2) Crown lift all round to 3.5m. Remove two low limbs over access to property General Maintenance. Silver Birch (T4, T5, T6) Crown lift to 2.5m secondary laterals only.
CC declared an interest in this planning application and because the meeting was not quorate, no further discussion took place.
10. Parish Council Airport Association
a) To receive an update - 3rd December 2019 – Bristol Airport Community Review
The Clerk confirmed that Councillor Shipman had attended this meeting and will report back at the January 2020 parish council meeting.
11. To receive reports from Councillors who have attended outside meetings and dates of future outside meetings.
21st November 2019 – WERN (West of England Rural Network)
· CC and JG attended this meeting.
12. To receive an update from District Councillor Victor Pritchard
13. Future Dates of Meetings
. Compton Martin Village Hall
- 13 January 2020 – Parish Council Meeting
- 10 February 2020 – Parish Council Meeting
- 24 February 2020 – Chew Valley Forum Meeting
- 9 March 2020 – Parish Council Meeting