COMPTON MARTIN PARISH COUNCIL
POLICY ON TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Compton Martin Parish Council is committed to the training of all its councillors and members of staff to a high standard. The council understands the importance of updating the skills and knowledge of all councillors and staff on a regular basis.
COUNCILLOR AND STAFF TRAINING COMMITMENT
The Council will continue to subscribe to Avon Local Council Association in order to receive up to date information and take advantage of training offered.
All councillors and staff will be encouraged to attend the following courses run by the Avon Local Councils Association:
· Being a Good Councillor Course
· Chairmanship Skills
· All new councillors will receive an induction file providing information to allow them to commence their duties.
· All councillors will be required to attend training which enhances their ability to participate in the running of the council.
· The Clerk will be expected to hold (or be working towards) The Certificate in Local Council Administration.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT BUDGET
A training budget, taking into account the Equality and Diversity Policy of Compton Martin Parish Council, will be approved on an annual basis, as part of its budgeting process.
- The Clerk to inform all councillors of information on courses received. To include courses run by ALCA, Bath & North East Somerset, and others that may be appropriate.
- Councillors to evaluate their needs for the forthcoming year.
This Policy to be reviewed and approved on an annual basis.
Reviewed May 2022